[Amps] Motorola 900 MHz Amps

Dfmich at aol.com Dfmich at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 17:35:51 EST 2006

I have a Motorola STF 2530A 150 watt amp that I am trying to get going on 903
MHz. It is a 3 stage unit and is different from those in the info I have seen
on the web thusfar; the ones in the VHF South info are apparently STF 2520's.
The output stage however, is a MRF 899, just like the other units.

When I apply 26 Vdc, the unit draws about 6 amps. If I apply drive, I can get
maybe 20 watts output and the current draw doesn't change. I am thinking
there is a place I should be applying bias but it is not obvious where. The little
"yellow wire" mentioned in the VHF south info is not there.

Any one have some info on these units?

Dan K9EA