[Amps] RF Parts tubes

Roy Koeppe royanjoy at ncn.net
Sun Dec 17 13:07:43 EST 2006

"   Does anyone here have any knowledge of the "taylor" 572B's
advertised by RF parts?? "

My experience with Taylor 572B's from RFP is they are rather
short-lived, about one year's worth of daily use on CW, at five hours
average per day. I run them at 425 mA for the pair, well within ratings,
and have filament voltage set accurately to 6.3 key-up on an SB-200
equipped with auto-bias (cut off when no drive is present).
Unfortunately, filament voltage sags slightly during key down due to the
common filament/plate transformer. I am planning to add a form of
regulation to the filament supply, keeping in mind my motto: simplicity
is ingenuity. The blower on the amp has been beefed up greatly.

My current pair is RFP-brand and am counting the months on these.

73,    Roy    K6XK