[Amps] QST Jan 06 (Off topic)

Doug dcoffman at iquest.net
Mon Dec 18 16:15:31 EST 2006

All,

This is off topic for this group, however what is the consensus of the 17
meter "Wonder Bar" antenna?

>From a stand point of low wind load and some directivity, this looks like a
good project for my QTH.  I do have questions concerning tuning and spacing of
the elements.

First off, is this beam actually worth building?

I own the MFJ 249 (pre B version) and a Grid Dip Meter.  I would like to better
understand how to tune the elements for resonance.

There were no formulae given or stated for construction of this beam or
construction of a similar beam on another band.  A Google search did not yield
much information.  I was contemplating ordering the older QST articles that
were referenced.

73,

Doug - N9XTF