[Amps] QST laments TSPA

Clint Talmadge unclebudd at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 18 15:45:17 EST 2006

QEX is available to non-members (NCJ is not however).

>From the website: Please see rhetoric below.........................

If you prefer, you, may subscribe by telephone toll-free at 1-888-277-5289 (US subscribers only). Or mail your subscription to ARRL, 225 Main Street, Newington, CT 06111. Annual rates are:

      For ARRL Members:

      US via periodical class mail:     $24

      US via 1st class mail:     $37

      Elsewhere by surface mail:     $31

      Canada by air mail:     $40

      Elsewhere by air mail:     $59

      For Nonmembers:
      US via periodical class mail: $36
      US via 1st class mail: $49
      Elsewhere by surface mail: $43
      Canada by air mail: $52

      Elsewhere by air mail: $71

NOTE: Multiple year rates are available on the subscription application.

I am a member of the "League" and have been (though not continuously) since I got my first license.  I take what I read in QST and other magazines that are published by any group with an agenda, as just that.  In today's litigious society it is no wonder the League takes a softball approach to anything that will bring the hoard of lawyers to the door.  Now that they have taken the gigantic step of taking the FCC to court over the BPL issue we can expect even more "garbage" (please insert the double 4 letter hyphenated word here) from the organization we pay to support so it can defend us.

Clint - W5CPT