[Amps] FL2100Z mods & tips wanted

Kees - pa7two pa7two at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 30 13:59:05 EST 2006

Hi Peter,

I have seen your fine works, but there are so many fl2100's around working just fine with 572b Tubes. The ones I have are new Chinese brand and perform flawlessly in a FL2100B amp of my friend.

The FL2100Z version has, compared to the B version, the TC2 cap for neutralization. When TC2 is removed amp is fully stable, and easy to tune and full output (500-550 watts on bird powermeter on all bands).

However, with a really bad SWR of above 1:2.5 or even worse. Sure some one did the same mod and can give me hints and tricks. Perhaps the TC2 has to return back in the amp with another type of mod? A PROPER guide how to tune the TC2 would also be very welcome. I used the lowest input SWR (= most output, due to best matching of input ciruit) as guidance during tuning?

Vy 73, de Kees