[Amps] Pi vs Pi-L

R.Measures r at somis.org
Thu Feb 2 05:31:47 EST 2006

Thanks for saying it, Peter.  One of the more interesting things about
VHF is that a conductor's surface area has more to do with Q than does
it's S/cm^3 conductivity.  For example, at 1Hz, Ni-Cr alloys have about
50x more resistance than Ag or Cu, however, at 50MHz, they only have
about 5.5x more resistance.  This realization is important when
designing a low-Q VHF suppressor -- i. e., one that will substantially
reduce VHF amplification in an HF amplifier by reducing the VHF Rp seen
by the anode.  (Rp = parallel-equivalent R) .
end