[Amps] A question!

Gudguyham@aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 09:40:07 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/5/2006 5:56:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sm5dqc at areteadsl.se writes:

When  looking at the circuit diagram for a Clipperton L
there is "an impedance  matching circuit" called FI 1 -
but one can not see what's in there,  anyone who knows?

Hello, I am not 100% certain, but there was an FL-1 in the GLA-1000 Dentron
amp and as I recall it was a 10 meter input filter.  Some of the later
GLA-1000 amps were under the CB rule for amps, so the FL-1 grounded any 28mhz
signal (or to say 27mhz) signal.  To get that amp to work on 10 meters you  had to
make the band switch gop one more click, bypass FL-1 or remove it and add  a
tap to the tank coil for 10 meters.  They called it a matching nerwork  cause
they didn't want CBers to know if was a grounding filter for an 11 meter
signal.  I am pretty sure of this but not 100%.  73 Lou  W1QJ