[Amps] T networks and harmonics

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 03:03:44 EST 2006

carl s. wrote:
> How , and /or where does Our
>  Wonderful FCC , expect the "average" Ham to "buy and or borrow" the
>the required "expertise and/or equipment to check all this output
>stuff.????

If most of us can't measure our harmonic output levels, that is a strong
argument for amateurs to design their transmitters to minimize them.

A Pi-L network will have better harmonic suppression than a straight
Pi... but multi-wafer progressive shorting bandswitches are hard to
find. On the other hand, you can get even better harmonic suppression by
leaving the existing Pi-network amp alone and adding band-switched coax
stubs, as used for multi-tx contesting.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK