[Amps] Amps for the other band

Philip de Cadenet phil at transmittersrus.com
Mon Feb 20 08:36:43 EST 2006

Will,

You must be talking about an old friend of mine in Oklahoma, Abe Brewer
of Brewer Labs.

I can safely say I purchased the very first 8-device amp from his
company that was imported to the UK back around 1978.

He was mainly known for his base and mobile tube models, all the way up
to his 1Kw mobile model which really did run 1Kw+ out through a Bird on
condition you had a seriously stiff 14v supply rail.

That wasn't bad for the days before 'shootouts' were introduced by some
in the CB community and amp design went kind of silly.

And yes, Abe did know what low pass filters were unlike some, though
they may not of measured neg 60.
--
Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW
Transmitters 'R' Us