[Amps] QSK

Jim Kearman jkearman at att.net
Wed Feb 22 19:45:11 EST 2006

From: "carl s." <carlseye at tampabay.rr.com>
>               If you are an "avid" dxer  , Qsk may be a TOOL, But to the avg
> ham , how important is it.??? In the day to day communications of the
> typ.Ham  who really cares ?????

I think that once upon a time, people did care. Those B&W electronic switches couldn't all have been sold to traffic handlers. I built a similar circuit into my DX-100, and later my Valiant. (It used a 6AH6 and I believe it was published in Orr's Handbook.) Back in the day, you could break someone calling CQ, instead of waiting for him to finish calling. Use of QSK was commonplace in casual ragchewing, not only traffic handling and DXing. It makes CW much more conversational.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/