[Amps] GS-35B Tubes Glow In The Dark

Tony King - W4ZT amps080605 at w4zt.com
Fri Feb 24 14:21:26 EST 2006

That's an intriguing idea Hal. I can try it and see if it has any effect
but it will be at least Sunday before it gets done (getting ready for
the Dalton, GA hamfest now).  Though there might be something on the
outside causing a difference, it appears that it's all inside. I thought
that ceramic from different batches could cause the difference in color.

I'll have to find one of my friends with a video camera to try that
experiment. I don't have anything here that will do. It's a good idea
though and might shed some light (no pun intended) on the heat issue
with the ceramic.

Not that any of this will change the way the tubes work... they work
fine... what a value for a legal limit amp with headroom... but it's
just enough weird science to keep tugging at the brain.  I appreciate
all the input from everyone.

73, Tony W4ZT