[Amps] 3CX3000 input impedence

Conrad_G0RUZ conrad at g0ruz.com
Mon Feb 27 13:39:27 EST 2006

I think that keeping the loaded Q to between 12 and 15 will be extremely
difficult with a 3CX3000A7 at 50 MHz due to stray C.

There is a program called T.A.P by KD9JQ which will help with this design. I
think that obtaining a loaded Q as low as 12-15 will be very difficult at 50
MHz with this tube due to the stray Cs. The key is to use as little C1 as
possible and a large surface area on L1 to keep losses down.

GM3SEK also has a spreadsheet on his website that will be helpful for this
process, allowing sensible values for C1 and L1 to be chosen. This will give
a feel for the what the design Q will needed to be practical.

73

Conrad G0RUZ