[Amps] Panel lettering, scales, dials, etc

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 15:21:38 EST 2006

Alan Ibbetson wrote:
> I would like to create a front panel for my latest homebrew project with
> better markings than my usual Dymo tape ugliness. I've located some
> material called Water-slide Decal Paper that I think could fit the bill,
> but only if I can find a suitable PC package to draw tuning scales, band
> position markings, and so on.
I've made some really nice equipment labels in anodised ally using a
product called Gedakop. Use anything you like to make the text/lines
etc. and print onto transparency, then it's a simple photo process, like
making a pcb.

Start at http://www.megauk.com/ and follow the links - they do a starter
kit for about £40. Advice on the phone from them is excellent. Also
available from RS - try book 4, p199 or start with order code 553-150 to
find the family of products.

Steve