[Amps] Vegetable oil dummy load

Partain, Chuck Chuck_Partain at maxtor.com
Tue Feb 28 13:05:58 EST 2006

smells fishy to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Smith [mailto:wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:03 PM
To: Partain, Chuck; Larry Carman; HAROLD B MANDEL
Cc: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vegetable oil dummy load

Although this sounded silly (to me) at first, I had heard of using a dummy
load for 160 mtr contacts.  Doubting this would work, I hoisted the dummy
load up forty feet or so in the air and worked more contacts than I would
have ever imagined with a 1:1 swr across the 160 band.  However, my dummy
load had xfrmr oil in it, needless to say there was no  "finger lickin'
good" aroma in the air.
73,
Gary...wa6fgi