[Amps] Vegetable oil dummy load

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 28 23:15:03 EST 2006

Well it heats up (too) quickly stinks when that is done, loses its ability
to remain at stated viscosity. Plus, motor oil has vi's in it (viscosity
improver) along with anti foaming agents.  Another thought is that its
expansion rate is too intolerable to be used as xfrmr oil in an enclosed
(sealed or otherwise) container.  The first four reasons I feel very
confident about due to one of my specialty fields when in the military was
that of oils, fuels and other lubricants. The last statement is a guess, but
I'll bet its not to far off from usable fact.
73,
Gary...wa6fgi

This is more than likely the reason "trans