[Amps] Maximum RF output in practical application: 4-250A

zdtech zdtech at iprimus.com.au
Mon Jul 3 06:26:58 EDT 2006

I think based on the work by SM5BSZ i think a good standard to aim for
in ham transmitters would be the FCC's Part 80 maritime IMD mask
standard. It requires  3rd order products to be down 30 db as referenced
to 1 of 2 tones. The standard  addresses   the specific issue of wide
band splatter in that the standard requires higher order IMD products
of the 11th order to be down 75 db. This is even more stringent than
what SM5BSZ wishes for. I think from memory it  was something like 80 db
down at 20khz that he was calling  a "clean" transmitter, i cant recall
what reference  he was using whether it was PEP or below one of 2 tones.

Craig
VK3HE