[Amps] Bandwidth tests

Mark Hill g4fph at mjha.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 06:41:29 EDT 2006

Folks,

How about we nominate someone to make a standard recording of one or
more voices and we all use that in conjunction with our respective
analogue or digital long persistence phosphors?

I haven't a clue what you all sound like in the flesh, but I bet
there is a good cross section of tones out there.  Rich could read a
passage from his (hopefully forthcoming) autobiography:  "Plywood,
The League and I" and I'll volunteer a section from my future tome
entitled:  "But I thought the HV was off!"  Others might
contribute:  "Yeah, its supposed to be that wide", or, "Ode to a Bent
Filament Helix"!

Time for my medicine, Ma!

Regards.

Mark.

At 11:10 04/07/2006, Tom W8JI wrote:
>Tom said:
> >>ALC testing requires a three-tone or pulsed two-tone or
> > noise test at various pulse repetition rates. <
> >
> > How about two very closely spaced tones - 10 or 20Hz
> > apart? That should really exercise the ALC circuits - and
> > the PSU effective output impedance.
>
>Too high to pump ALC and too high frequency to work the
>electrolytics. Too close to resolve IM products on most test
>gear.
>
>It has to be something that is well below the lowest audio
>frequency and represents the pauses or gaps in speech, and
>it has to look at what that does to higher pitched tones
>that speech would have.
>
>73 Tom

Mark Hill - G4FPH
E-mail: g4fph at mjha.co.uk
Current web pages at: www.g4fph.net
Old web pages at: www.qsl.net/g4fph
Dipoles resonant on 1942 / 3720 / 7085 kHz
Three element wire beam coming soon on 14180 kHz!
Remember - SIDE for HV safety:
S witch off
I solate
D ump