[Amps] Ferritronics FL2200m DBM for 4CX10,000amp

m.ford k1ern at pioneerwireless.net
Tue Jul 11 06:20:58 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy at 3web.com>
To: <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:20 AM
Subject: [Amps] Ferritronics FL2200m DBM for 4CX10,000amp

> Asking on behalf of a friend who is looking for a source of this IC ...
> I'll pass any info to him, thanks.
>
> 73 Don
>
> VE6JY
>

> Am trying to find a double balanced mixer that was made by Ferritronics
> many years ago, an FL2200M that is an 8 pin package in a metal case. Do
> you have any ideas as to a replacement for it? As far as I can tell the
> company is defunct! I am getting desperate!!   Its a double balanced
> mixer from the early 70's and it was very popular at the time. I am
> trying to find a modern replacement for it if possible. This is out of
> the exciter for our 5KW SSB transmitter.  It is an Aerocom 1330 and it
> uses a 4CX10,000 for its single final.

About the same time period Anzac was making many different DBM's.
Most were in 8 pin Hudson can headers and I do still have a catalog.
If you can come up with some specs and pin out I might be able to match
it up and then make some inquiries among my old peers. The devices were
also custom packaged for a few discrete customers.

Mike  k1ern