[Amps] high frequency filament excitation TSPA

Larry Carman lncarman at swbell.net
Mon Jul 17 09:29:47 EDT 2006

Thanks Steve,
   Definitely no offence taken but much gratitude to your response is at
hand. I'm definitely not an electronic engineer, thus my bucket is pretty
empty in that respect and any and all help is appreciated.
   Yes, I believe the diode on the isolated end isn't necessary unless the
tube has a directly heated cathode. Although the diodes on the isolated end
are totally unnecessary in the 5000's case, I don't think enough ac could
slip through them to be detected, but I can see where a small amount would
pass. I'm not sure that the ZSAC would go up if I clipped the diodes on the
isolated end. When time allows I will do that and give you a report. I must
admit that at the time of construction I didn't know the 5000 had an
indirectly heated cathode and oxide coated filament, certainly something I
should have been aware of.
Regards,
Larry N5BIP