[Amps] RF Chokes

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Tue Jul 18 13:44:44 EDT 2006

> 	I've always asked myself how could be rated for no resonances (in
> any amateur
> band) if the thing depends of the surrounding objects?.
>

> Best regards
> Guillermo - LU8EYW.

In my building experience over the years with this choke (RF
Parts/Ameritron), I have never seen one resonate below 11.5 mhz or go above
12 mhz in all manners of positions and various layouts. It is a non-issue. I
do, however, make a final sweep after the choke is in place to see if all is
well before testing the amp.

I think that the reason Alpha and others use 2 chokes to cover all 9 bands
is that they had a space restriction in the layout. The RF Parts choke is
larger than most.

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC