[Amps] Hi Mu correction

Tony King - W4ZT amps071806 at w4zt.com
Tue Jul 18 23:55:06 EDT 2006

Tom W8JI wrote:
> I do think I made an error in the post about mu, but I
> deleted my post.
>
> Higher mu in a given tube means less bias is needed to
> maintain the same plate current. Lower mu means more bias is
> needed to cut off the tube to the same current. The rest was
> OK.
>
> 73 Tom

I'm still a little confused here.  I thought that a higher mu tube
(higher gain) would require more bias to hold it to a specific current
(idle?) and that a lower mu tube (lower gain) would require less bias to
hold a specific current.  Can you help me understand where I am missing
this?

Thanks and 73,
Tony W4ZT