[Amps] Hi Mu correction

R L Measures r at somis.org
Wed Jul 19 08:04:33 EDT 2006

On Jul 18, 2006, at 7:55 PM, Tom W8JI wrote:

> I do think I made an error in the post about mu,

agreed

> but I
> deleted my post.

Tom -- If done almost immediately, before anyone else replies to it,
it is possible delete / cancel a flubbed post in a Newsgroup, but in
a mailing list such as AMPS, if the mailbot has remailed one's post
to the list, it's not.  The only way to fix a flub that has already
gone out is to post a retraction / correction without delay.

Editorial -- Human beings aren't even close to being perfect - even
though there's one in Salt Lake City and one in Rome who claim to be.
cheers

> Higher mu in a given tube means less bias is needed to
> maintain the same plate current. Lower mu means more bias is
> needed to cut off the tube to the same current. The rest was
> OK.
>
> 73 Tom

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r at somis.org