[Amps] grid fuses

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Thu Jul 20 06:38:02 EDT 2006

> as a "crowbar") in the event of a fault.  In fact, a
> "fuse" in the
> grid circuit is the opposite of what a qualified design
> engineer would
> use as it would keep the transmitter off the air until a
> maintenance
> person could physically strip down an amplifier to replace
> the fuse
> rather than simply reset/recycle when the fault clears.

That's my point exactly Joe. A fuse in the grid is exactly
the opposite of what common sense and technically solid
logic would dictate in any design. Worse yet, one person
advocates removing reliable fast electronic protection
circuits and replacing them with a resistor that, when it
opens, floats the grid!

73 Tom