[Amps] AMPS

Harold Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Thu Jul 20 07:42:06 EDT 2006

The GM3SEK and WD7S Triode and Tetrode Controller boards,
when suitably integrated, when properly adjusted, serve to
protect tubes and power supplies in a much faster time frame
than fuses.

Incorporating these modules into amplifiers is a chore
involving careful measurement and alignment, but the
end result when testing the protection circuitry is
satisfying.

So far I have incorporated three of these units into
projects here. Each of the devices has their quirks
as do they their merits. A full set of protection
schemes is worth every penny spent, as one glitch
can wipe out tubes we spend thousands of dollars on.

Hal
W4HBM