[Amps] grid fuses

Chris Howard chris at yipyap.com
Thu Jul 20 22:57:52 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 22:00 -0400, Tom W8JI wrote:
> > Cathode is grounded?
> > I thought we were talking grounded grid?
> > If both the cathode and the grid were grounded, how
> > did the thing ever work?
>

> Yes. Through the filament choke, input circuit, and/or
> cathode return path.
>
> If the cathode had no "ground path" to the negative rail or
> a high frequency ground path through the input circuit and
> exciter, the amplifier would not work very well.

The cathode is grounded and the grid is grounded.
I get the picture.  [Should I lick my fingers
and grab the cathode with one hand and the grid with the
other hand? :-)    I'll bet that would keep me from
pestering you with these questions!]

back to the ongoing grid fuse argument already in progress...