[Amps] Grid fuses

Chris Howard chris at yipyap.com
Fri Jul 21 14:54:54 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 12:40, Tony King - W4ZT wrote:
>  If the
> amp contains series elements between the grid and ground, once they
> fail, it will still be very unlikely that the arc will extinguish before
> the energy from the filter caps is depleted. But, should that happen,
> then significant cathode current could occur and bias would have no
> effect since the grid would no longer be connected to ground.

I'll cogitate on that...

I guess that is what I was getting at.  If grid is hard tied to
ground, then arc between cathode--grid could continue
even after the plate--grid--cathode arc is done (?). (Depending on the
configuration of the power supplies as you said.)  So if that is true
than having some series elements between grid and ground would make
sense.  It looks like if arcing happens you have to stop two routes
to stop it.