[Amps] grid fuses

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 21 22:33:37 EDT 2006

Peter,

Would you send back a gassy, or even slightly gassy 3-500Z to the manufacturer to have it gettered or a new vacuum pulled on it? I'm still sticking with what we first started with here, that tube none others. Large transmitting tubes can be cured if sent back as they cost enough to justify it. Actually Tom makes a good point about them. The main thing in question is, do you believe an arc can happen in the correct vacuum for that particular? To me, a tube shouldn't break down and arc at its recommended anode voltage, or it's maximum anode voltage. To my opinion, even though the tubes came out of a box, they could have been sitting on the shelf of the seller, or the manufacturer for a good while long enough to loose a little vacuum. One would never know unless they looked at a date code, etc. Still at that, they shouldn't arc in service.

Best,

Will