[Amps] grid fuses

carl s. carlseye at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 23 10:28:37 EDT 2006

     All this discussuion about grid fuses and such is very interesting !!
     The comment about one man pressuring manufacturers to use the
*floating*
   grid concept leaves me wondering about all the amps using 3-500"s and/or
other triodes which were sold in the past years.!! Is it conceivable that I
could modify a dual 572B amp of known origin and get better stability ??
   the mods certainly wouldn't be difficult , as it just means taking out
all the *junk* from the grid ckt and grounding the grids directly .!!  Might
need to lift the fil. center tap for bias purposes also, still no big
deal.!!  BUT , what is the best way to ground the grids?? ( Piece of wire?
copper strap? Direct to chassis at each socket or something else??) I have
an amp here right now that I'm fighting with and wondering if maybe there is
something I'm missing !!
   I appreciated all the comments on my previous posts , and I'm still
looking for the answer(s).!!! I hope I'm not stirring the pot too much !!!
     carl / kz5ca