[Amps] 3cx3000A7 driver

crawfish crawfish at surfmore.net
Sun Jul 23 15:23:41 EDT 2006

That was probably the reason National didn't go forth with the NCX-1000. I
could forsee a lot of problems keeping RF out of speech circuits, balanced
modulators, and the like. Cost of building sturdy amps put Raytrack out.
Their stuff was designed extremely tough, but I want to say they only sold
less than 200 of their HF and 6m amps.IIRC, the guy who owned Raytrack was
in the road construction business and just started a sideline venture.
Building a  one off-deal is one thing, making several would cost a lot in
tooling, parts, etc.BTW, how much power out did the Cosmophone 1000 actually
put out?
                                    Joe W4AAB