[Amps] grid fuses

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 24 12:29:05 EDT 2006

Chris,

Tom evidentily thinks I was confused when definately, I was not. Never once did I say one should use contact bias. Matter of fact, if I recall, I said it shouldn't be used in one of my posts. However grid leak bias has been used over and over for many years. A hybrid circuit, I like to call it, is using the grid leak set up with some negative voltage also applied to the control grid. In this instance, a minimum negative voltage is always there to solve the problem of the bias dwindling down to a value that wouldn't work. I've seen that used in several amps.

The thing is, in any case for both bias arrangements, the grid goes negative when it collects electrons from the cathode. Either bias circuit uses this method.

Best,

Will