[Amps] The maximum amount of 811As and 572Bs in parallel

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Mon Jul 24 13:55:28 EDT 2006

Sweep tube amps were quite common in Germany in the past when our power was
limited to 150W total dissipation in the final stage.
I built several myself, one GG with 5xPL519 doing 2KW out on all bands and
another one with 12xPL36 at 3KW, with some drop in power on the higher bands
but not less then 1,8KW on 10m.
DJ4ZC developed for his dissertation his HELAPS using "Envelope Elimination
and Restoration technique" amp with 5xPL509 in the sixties which did 5KW out
in SSB, a total of 7 were originally built and 5 of them are still in use.
Some qro amps were also built very successfully using 2x12 PL519 in
push-pull.
Even at todays higher price for sweep tubes they are today an alternative
and still built and used over here.

Multiple tube amps using 5-6 4CX250B were commercial built in quantities for
the military by RFT in Eastern Germany and by Zellweger in Switzerland

73
Peter