[Amps] Looking for info: SRF7053 device

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 06:22:19 EDT 2006

Steve said:
> In my experience they rarely work simply as drop
in replacements.<
Generally, it seems that in the semiconductor world, analogue second sources very rarely are. Oh, sometimes, but even such mundane devcies as a 741 op amp can vary enough in some parameter that although they meet the same test spec, in some circuits they aren't a substitute. Happened with a change in the way 2N3055 were manufactured, a good few years back. Funny - back 50 or so years, tubes tended to be the same - an RCA 6SJ7 was pretty much the same as a GE one. I know that's not the case with tx tubes now.
73
Peter G3RZP