[Amps] Fw: "Tubes 201" - How Vacuum Tubes Really Work

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Tue Jul 25 15:24:35 EDT 2006

Hi Will,

Yes, the grid must always keep its DC connection to ground not to turn into
a runaway condition by a positive charged grid, it does not matter whether
it is grounded grid or grounded cathode circuitry.
For that reason VALVO suggested the 50KOhm safety resistor from grid to
ground in their transmitting tube manual when the grid is not strapped to
ground.

73
Peter