[Amps] Fw: "Tubes 201" - How Vacuum Tubes Really Work

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 25 15:27:12 EDT 2006

Peter, I'm not denying that. However, you said it correctly, there is a potential differece because of a voltage drop across the choke. The grid becomes positive (less negative than the cathode) with respect to the cathode which is exactly right. However, the grid is still at 0 Vdc. That's what we have to look at here. Even biasing the cathode will produce the same result. Even though there's a potential difference between the cathode and grid, the grid is still tied to ground and holds it from ever going above 0 Vdc. I guess I should have added that to the scenario, but I was trying to have to type the least amount I had to.

Best,

Will