[Amps] Apology to Will and the list

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Jul 26 21:24:47 EDT 2006

Will and the list,

I certainly am sorry if my questions were taken to be
personal Will. It was a little tough for me to tell where
you were coming from.

People have different perspectives depending on their work
experience and the equipment they have worked on or
designed. For example, people who work with klystrons have a
whole different idea about fault protection than people who
work on self-excited induction heating amplifiers. People
who work with UHF 1 watt amps have a different perspective
than people who work with NDB transmitters.

Coupled with that, I didn't see a callsign so I had
absolutely nothing to go on knowing what your perspective
was, and I was having a difficult time following what you
were saying. That's unusual, so I was trying to get an idea
of what your technical viewpoint was and if it was ham radio
or some other field.

I certainly didn't intend to hurt anyone's feeling or pry. I
certainly don't want to be considered one of the few people
on Internet who always make any technical argument or
disagreement personal. I actually work towards not doing
that.

In the future, I'll make a better effort to be clear and to
avoid anything on the reflector that could even be
considered personal.

73,
Tom W8JI