[Amps] Pre-heating of tubes

GGLL nagato at arnet.com.ar
Fri Jul 28 23:49:24 EDT 2006

Ian White GM3SEK escribió:

> It also explains why transmitting tubes generally need to be pre-heated
> after a long period out of use. The process of slow diffusion to the
> surface of the materials means that gas will probably have accumulated,
> and the getter needs some time at a high temperature in order to do its
> job.

	Very clear explanation, Ian, thank you very much. I want to ask something about.
	This pre-heating process (in, for example, NOS tubes or those used in good
condition but long time stored ones) must also be done by making the anode
orange hot in high power tubes (those with "gettered" anodes) or it's just
enough to run them with filament on for many hours?.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.