[Amps] 160m RTTY

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 30 13:14:27 EDT 2006

Roger said:
>In the older LORAN A system the received envelopes were matched
manually by the operator to establish the time difference
reading. <
It's a long time since I read the book on Loran A, but that's what I remember. So multipath will tend to 'smear' the pulses, but I suppose a  good operator could possibly reduce the effects. Still, if the multipath was always that bad via skywave, SS Loran wouldn't have worked at all.
Roger, how long were the Loran A pulses? I remember the prf was somewhere betwen 16 and 25Hz, with different chains on different PRFs, allowing several chains on the same channel.
73
Peter G3RZP