[Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 13:59:39 EDT 2006

Colin said:
> If an amplifier has been absolutely reliable for 10
years, with or without a parasitic suppressor, and an arc occurs<

Personally, I'd be more inclined to suspect something in the tubes - although it is perfectly possible that the parasitic suppressor has changed in some way such that it no longer functions. However, I have strong disbelief in parasitics causing these flashovers, but that's just me. There's something called 'logarithmic decrement' comes to mind when there's talk of ringing.......they talked a lot about in the days of spark (no, I'm not quite that old, although I will plead guilty to occasionally feeling so!)
73
Peter G3RZP