[Amps] emtron dx-1??? for a couple hundred bucks?

Paul Whatton paul at g4dcv.co.uk
Mon Jun 5 17:31:50 EDT 2006

This had very many of the characteristics of a fake or hi-jacked ebay
auction:

* Zero feedback, or as in this case feedback that appears to have been
made up by satisfied "buyers" with no track record themselves.

* No Paypal accepted

* The item appeared twice- as did the seller's other offerings which
were mainly high-value HiFi items. See
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMTRON-DX-1d-HF-Linear-Amplifier-160m-10m-9-bands_W0QQitemZ9527472074QQcategoryZ63650QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMTRON-DX-1d-HF-Linear-Amplifier-160m-10m-9-bands_W0QQitemZ9527471286QQcategoryZ63650QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

* A callsign ID that made no sense

* Listed as "NEW" but description says it is 2 years old

* Photos date stamped 01/01/2005

* Listed in "Dolls House Miniatures"

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a real auction for this Emtron had not
taken place in the last few months and these were not the very same
pictures and description pasted in.  It may even be that the seller ID
has been hi-jacked, I've seen it before.

Nothing wrong with ebay though, just keep your wits about you. I have a
152 all +ve feedback rating so use it quite a bit. But you'd have had to
be crazy to have bid on this auction with all the problems in the
description.

Actually the ONLY time I have been ripped off with ham gear was not in
ebay, but as a result of a message in this very group when dishonest
RONALD D BERGANTZEL,  KA0RYT took my money but never sent me the goods.

73 Paul G4DCV