[Amps] RCA 8122 Tubes

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu Jun 8 09:20:14 EDT 2006

That's a long time for tubes to sit unused. I'd suggest running them
with filament power only for about 48 hours, then hi-potting them at
their max rated anode voltage. If they don't arc, they are probably ok.

I once had a known good 3-500Z go bad after not being used for only
six years. I'm sure others have similar stories to tell.

73, Bill W6WRT