[Amps] Cleaning OT Components...

Ed Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Sat Jun 10 06:28:34 EDT 2006

Good Morning All,

I think I may well have stumbled upon yet another application for the good ol' automatic dishwasher in the kitchen...CLEANING BLACK, WRINKLE-FINISHED COMPONENTS...!

Specifically in my instance, the absolute spic & span cleaning of an old, SEALED, 10-henry filter choke. I agonized over how I might best clean this thing (wrinkle finishes drive me nuts!), when it dawned on me: why not just put it inside the dishwasher with the next load & see what might happen...?

VOILA! It came out absolutely SPOTLESS! I made sure I pulled it out just before the washer went into the heat/dry cycle, though, for fear of the thing either (A) exploding (it IS a sealed unit), or, (B) cracking the porcelain insulators surrounding the two electrical terminals...

"FYI"

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ