[Amps] SELL: Ameritron AL1200 Contestor's Amplifier

Administrator amps at myrealbox.com
Sun Jun 25 00:18:59 EDT 2006

Rich,

> > At 2000w out with 120W of drive and 250mA of indicated Ig,
> > grid dissipation is only about 30W with a peak emission
> > current at the crest of the cycle of about 4 amps.
> > Contrary to authoritative guesses, the tube is well out of
> > emission saturation
>
> Tom -- So why do Eimac's published constant current curves on the
> tube begin to deviate from a straight line when the anode current
> exceeds  2.5a peak?  Are you sure there's a 4A curve on the
> published graph?  If there is, how about publishing a jpg of it
> on your Web site?
>
> Tom -- As I recall, about 6-years ago you told us you had a letter
> from Eimac stating that the 3-500Z was linear at up to 550ma of avg
> anode current, even though their max rating is 400mA.  When are you
> going to deliver?

This stops right now!  You will not badger anyone who offers
data and support on this reflector as you have done so time and
time again.

If you have technical PROOF that contradicts the data offered,
post it on you web site and offer a link to it.  Otherwise,
stop badgering people.

It is great to see Tom back here after many years and many
subscribers hope he keeps coming back.  You will not turn the
amps list into your personal vehicle to beat up on W8JI and
W0ID.  Your constant "League Fatigue" and "recognized experts"
tirades have outlived their welcome.

Keep things civil, professional and technical.

73,

   ... Administrator
       amps at contesting.com