[Amps] Rich is a good guy

R L Measures r at somis.org
Sun Jun 25 08:34:15 EDT 2006

On Jun 25, 2006, at 4:36 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

> David Kirkby wrote:
>
>> A couple of weeks ago someone sent me an email on a technical
>> matter but indicated he would have sent it here but chose not too
>> because of the reaction it might cause.
>
> Here is the extract from the message I received on an interesting
> technical subject about VHF linear design.
>
> "I had thought of asking the question on the Amps forum but I am a bit
> put off by how aggressive some of the contributors are!"
>
> It's a shame the post was not public, as it is interesting, but I can
> understand the persons view.
>
> Amps is aggressive, has been for a very long time and I don't see it
> changing unless those who are aggressive are restricted somewhat.

Dr. David Kirkby BSc MSc PhD CEng MIEE   -- There are two sides of
the coin:  On one side is the quite polite, Pollyannaish, no NFB to
posts that contain Bandini, and on the other side is aggressive
response to them.  For example, when someone states that a certain
amplifying device is capable of linear operation with peak cathode
emission levels that are well above the highest level even shown on
the mfg's characteristic curves, those who know better are obligated
to make it known so those who did not know will know so that AMPS
will be about sharing accurate information, and not about sharing
soil amendments.
-  cheers