[Amps] IM distortion and such

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 07:56:26 EDT 2006

Tom said:
>Not when they approve the operating conditions.<
You have a better opinion of component manufacturers than I have!!!!
>> There is another reason, however, and that is that a
> manufacturer can have a subtle (or sometimes not so
> subtle!) change in manufacturing technique that produces a
> major performance change.

I think the problem here is this thread, like many on this
reflector, has had a major performance change.<
You are quite right, of course: a lot of exactly what one does is dependent, as so often in engineering, on the actual circumstances. I quoted the video amp as an example of the problems of relying on uncharacterised parameters. Plus the fact that instructions in an operator's manual are just that: if you add the engineering justification, you'll most likely find that people ignore it as 'too complicated' and 'can't understand it'
73
Peter G3RZP (portable I3 this week - and +35 deg C!)