[Amps] HLA150

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 28 17:54:05 EDT 2006

Joe,

What would one do about the cheap flimsy PC boards they use which do warp, and have traces undersized that burns out all the time? Also, one would need to take the heatsink out, and have the whole top machined flat again to cure the problem where the self-tapping screws puckered the aluminum up around the screw making it so the transistors cant set flat. Last, these are about all designed around low RF drive levels and have a weak voltage divider in the input made from 1 watt resistors and a potentiometer, plus a very weak antenna relay for the power going through it. That is on the ones I've seen, and I'm not too sure that you wouldn't have more in it than you could by another good one for. That's my opinion of them of course.

Best,

Will