[Amps] 50 Mhz brick recommendation

dcoffman at iquest.net dcoffman at iquest.net
Thu Jun 29 10:17:29 EDT 2006

Bob,

This is my $.02 worth of information.  If you have a rig that only produces 20
watts output, try it first during a band opening and see if you enjoy 6
meters.  That way you don't buy a piece of equipment that you'll be irritated
about if you don't like 6.

I run 800watts on 6 when the band is crappy.  When the band is open, I talk to
guys all across the US and Canada that are running a dipole with 5 watts QRP,
that give me an S9 or S9 +20.

I am on 6 almost every nite.  Each evening I talk to guys (When the band is
down) that are 200 miles + or - away from my station.  Some nites I have to run
power and some nites 20 watts will do just fine, depends on the conditions.

Six meters is a great band and I hope you come to enjoy it as well!

Again, this is an uneducated perspective, however I hope that it helps.

73 - Doug N9XTF