[Amps] IM distortion and such

R L Measures r at somis.org
Fri Jun 30 19:32:46 EDT 2006

On Jun 30, 2006, at 8:11 AM, Tom W8JI wrote:

>> So by you saying "almost", your saying it could happen?
>
> When we can't possibly know every circumstance in the world,
> never couldn't apply.
>
> Besides, VHF starts at 30 MHz. An oscillation at 30MHz in a
> tank resonant near ten meters could be a problem since it
> would pass right through the tank.

When grounded, a 3-500Z's grid resonates c. 88MHz.  At resonance and
above resonance, the grid is semi-transparent.  As frequency
decreases below resonance, the grid acts as a better and better
shield between the anode-output and the cathode-input.  Thus,
parasitic oscillations at 30MHz in a 3-500 seems unlikely.  The
lowest frequency parasite that I have heard of in a 3-500 was c. 95MHz.
end

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r at somis.org