[Amps] Ideal bandswitch brand for 3 kW out am?

R L Measures r at somis.org
Fri Jun 30 19:47:27 EDT 2006

A spark gap is much like a bi-directional transient-suppressor.
There is no reason to use spherical conductors.  I make the gap screw-
adjustable so that it can be calibrated with a high-potential
tester.  Also, a sturdy 50 -500 ohm globar type resistor seems to
help snub things during a glitch.  Setting the gap for about 2.2 x
the anode supply voltage seems about right.  In most cases, this
procedure will protect the Tune-C.