[Amps] Applying power after many years - advice?

carl s. carlseye at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 6 18:51:47 EST 2006

   Kris : after 20 years , My biggest concern would be for the caps in the
hv  power supply.!! They may or may not be able to stand up to the voltages
in the HV supply. !!   IF, however, you bring them up , with a variac, they
just might be able to stand up to it !!
    I would take the tubes out and monitor the HV and (very slowly)
   bring up the input voltage (pri) to see if the HV can stand it without
ANY glitches.!!    20- 30 hrs. If you don't want to take the tubes out, just
take the Plate caps off. so they won't draw ANY plate current.!!!
    after that , let me know !!!   ( I'm not the *expert * here.)
   Only been 50 yrs.!!!
     carl / kz5ca