[Amps] Transformers in series

KD7QAE KD7QAE at ARRL.NET
Sun Mar 12 16:32:52 EST 2006

There is NO requirement that cores be grounded to operate.  You can tie
the core to any potential you need to assure the insulation ratings are
not exceeded.  Electrostatic shields are another thing altogether.  In
the unlikely event that your transformer has an electrostatic shield
between windings or wrapped around the outside of the core, be sure that
the green drain wire (or green/yellow) is either floating or tied to the
appropriate potential to assure teh insulation charactersitics of the
transformer are met.

Tomm